Friday, July 13, 2012

Sweet Little Side Table

This poor little table. I have had her for years. I *think* my mom got her at a yard sale. In fact, when I was stripping the paint (yeah, she was that bad) I found an address stamp for the mother of a friend in high school! Years ago, I threw a coat of white paint on her. This made refinishing her problematic because when I was sanding her, the paint started to peel off in long sheets. I eventually had to strip the paint (ugh) which was a huge mess and pain. She's still not perfect, but she is much better than she was before!

I was so eager to start this project that I did not take a proper before shot. I found this one by chance when I was writing the post about the toile chair. Here she is, off to the side and in the background, which pretty much sums up her life - always in the chorus, never the star:


Here she is after, ready to take center stage!



I didn't want to go all crazy and over-stencil her, so I did a design on the top, a randomly placed one on each side, and on the center of the drawer. I left the inside of the drawer the creamy white I painted her before I decided I needed to just strip it and start fresh.










For the body, I used Sherwin Williams Latte which I made into chalk paint and a random sample of brown that I had on hand for the stencil. I also used that same brown to paint the knob. Honestly, this is not the color direction I was going to go with at all (hence the creamy white on the inside of the drawer) but I am pleased with how it turned out. Trust me, she is sooooooo much better than she was!

I am either going to list this on Craigslist or take her up to Easy Street in Pelham.

I am going to link this to my favorite Friday pastime, Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday.

Thanks for looking!

*Update: This piece is SOLD!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice and sweet - so much better than before! I love the simplicity of it!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I had a place for it but I don't.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate it. Comments are always welcome.